I made a small change to the site last night. Not much, but it’s pretty cool. This site now offers an RSS feed that you can subscribe to using your preferred Feed Reader of choice. Simply add in http://www.cloudsandunicorns.com or http://www.cloudsandunicorns.com/blog/feed/rss/ and get notified whenever there is new content. I’ll add something similar for the race reports, but I need to put in the last couple first!
Other then that not much is new. I went up to visit Stevens Point over the weekend just to check out the old college town. I’d say it is 90% the same. Mary and I did a short easy bike ride up there and loved it. The roads up there are awesome for riding. Needless to say because we went to SP, it threw training on Friday and Saturday off a bit, so it a late night page for work on Wednesday. Otherwise the week went very good.
- AM: Off
- PM: 4,300 SCM swim
- AM: Off
- PM: 2:11 Long run – not very fast
- AM: Umm I was lucky to drag myself out of bed at 7:00 for work – up past 3 am for work
- PM: 2 hour spin
- AM: 90 Bike on Trainer – Spinervals Time Trial Palooza 20,15,10,5 at increasing effort with 20 min @ FTP all are on 5 minute rest
- Lunch: 45(42) minute run – 5.75 miles felt good
- PM: 3,000 SCM swim
- AM: Off
- PM: 1:40 bike ride in Point w/ Mary
- 5:36 Ride with 2×10 @ FTP on 5 minute rest. TSS – 330!!! 208 AP/225 NP
- 42 minute @ 7:13 pace felt really good.
After the workout on Thursday and the ride on Sunday I’m pretty happy that I have my FTP pretty accurate right now at 293. The ride on Sunday was brutal – I was surprised the run went so well, but I quit before the steam could start running out.
I do need to work on learning how to ride steadier with a low VI to reduce the amount of wasted power I put out. That and I need to get stronger, MUCH stronger.
This week has been good so far – had two good swims, 3800 LCM yesterday, 3k SCM this morning. Tonight is a long run, tomorrow an easy ride and run. Then Thursday FTP bike in the AM, easy swim/run later in the day. Friday, easy spin in the AM – Tempo run at night.
Saturday and Sunday are a little up in the air yet, but will probably do the Doc Ride on Saturday with a run and swim tossed in; then try for a repeat of this past sunday on Sunday. offda!